If you would like your calendar meal plans to be generated based on a certain number of calories or based on carbs, fat, and protein, you can set that up as a macro driven meal plan. Please note that our Macro Tracker tool is required in order to use the Macro-Driven Meal Plans. Macro-driven meal plans are not available with Whole30 settings or simple meal planning.
Access your settings
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select My Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
Turn on macro-driven meal plans
- Toggle Use macro-driven meal plans to On or Off
- When macro-driven meal plans are toggled on, the options on the Diet and Schedule page will change as a recipe or leftover will be scheduled for every meal during the week
- Enter the desired macro values
- Note: Make sure that the percentages of all of the macros combined add up to 100%
- You can specify if you would like to use total carbs or net carbs in your Advanced Settings
Make changes to diet type, if needed
- Change your diet type by selecting an option from the dropdown menu
- Set Advanced dietary restrictions to exclude entire food groups and/or individual ingredients
- Set the number of servings you would like for each meal
- Click Save
Note: When macro-driven meal plans are active, the schedule cannot be customized.
Confirm your changes
- Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
- Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week's meal plan
- The current week will not change
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.