With our Advanced Filters, you can customize your Meal Planner to meet your scheduling needs.
If you are using the website, you will follow the steps below. Mobile app users, click here to see how to change your Advanced Filters using the Real Plans mobile app.
Customize your schedule
To customize your schedule:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select My Meal Plan or Whole30 Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can make adjustments to your schedule.
Open Customized Scheduling
- Click Customized Scheduling
- Select the days you want a meal scheduled
Set up your advanced filters
- Click on Filter next to the meal for which you want to customize
- Things to consider before you use the filters to customize your schedule:
- Choose the fewest filters possible to meet your needs
- The more filters you choose, the lower the number of Available Recipes will be
- Click on Reset to remove all filters for that meal
- Available filters include:
- Main ingredient
- Choose the preferred main ingredient for the recipe scheduled
- Active time
- Schedule meals that take less than fifteen minutes or half hour to prepare for busy nights.
- Total time
- Schedule meals that take less than thirty minutes or an hour to cook for busy nights.
- Choose from a variety of tags
- Schedule a slow cooker meal or pressure cooker meal, if desired
- Use the "Simple" tag to schedule meals that take less time to make and have fewer ingredients
- Create your own tags
- Favorite Recipes
- Select that you want one of your favorite recipes to scheduled each week
- Select a specific cuisine, if desired
- Select the days you want a recipe from a specific add-on recipe collection
- The planner will only list the recipe collections that you currently have available
- If you normally cook dinner for 4 but only cook for 2 for lunch, you can change the Portions number to reflect the number of servings you need for each meal.
- If you selected that you want leftovers on the Diet and Schedule page, this will be reflected automatically in your filters.
- Specific Recipe
- Type the name of the recipe you would like and then select it from the dropdown list
- Check the box to Only include recipes from My Diet if you only want to see recipes that meet your dietary preferences
- Click the + to add it to your schedule
- Use the drop down box to select the leftovers that you want scheduled for that meal each week
- Main ingredient
- Click on Add to save the filters for that meal
- Click Save on the Schedule page, which takes you back to the Diet and Schedule page.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Diet and Schedule page to apply your changes.
Confirm your changes
- Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
- Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week's meal plan
- The current week will not change
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.