Congratulations! You made it through your 30 days!
The Reintroduction period is a very important part of the Whole30 program. Once you have eliminated non-compliant foods for 30 days, you will be able to tell exactly how they impact your body when you reintroduce them properly. We recommend using calendar meal planning for your Whole30 reintroduction.
If you are using the website you can follow the steps below. Mobile app users click here to learn how to set up your Whole30 reintroduction using our mobile app.
Select the Whole30 reintroduction
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select Whole30 Meal Plan
- Click Reintroduction in the column in the left
Set up your Whole30 reintroduction
- Select your 10 day Fast Track reintroduction start date
- Review the order that you want the foods reintroduced
- A suggested schedule for reintroduction is preloaded for you based on Whole30 recommendations, but you can adjust the schedule if needed.
- The reintroduction foods will be added to your plan at the selected intervals
- Enter any additional food reintroductions you may want
- Click diet to make changes to your current dietary exclusions
- You should not add foods that are being reintroduced using the diet setting
- The foods that you have selected for reintroduction will already be automatically added to your planner according to the schedule you have selected
- Click schedule to change the schedule for your reintroduction period
- On the day that you are reintroducing a food, the meal planner will automatically schedule recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- This may vary from the schedule you have established in your settings, but ensures that the reintroduced food is eaten at each meal that day
- Click Done
- Select Update My Plan to create a new plan with your reintroductions
Pro tip: It is suggested that you eat the food that is being reintroduced during each meal on the day it is reintroduced. This will ensure that you are getting enough to tell how it affects you. The meal planner will automatically schedule recipes for you that include the reintroduced food. If you find that one of the meals does not include the reintroduced food, or if you would like to schedule a different recipe, please follow the steps in Replace a suggested meal, below.
Replace a suggested meal
To replace one of the recipes scheduled during your reintroduction day:
- Click the X on the recipe that you want to replace to remove it from your plan
- Using the Recipe Box on the left side of the Planner
- Remove the My Diet filter in the Diet Type section on the left side of the screen
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Click on the Whole30 Reintroduction filter to expand the available options
- Click on the circle next to the reintroduction day for which you are replacing a recipe (e.g. Whole30 + dairy)
- Browse the available recipes until you find the one you would like to schedule
- Click on the recipe you want to schedule and drag it to the desired cook day
Note: The Add Recipes tool will not work in this situation because it will not pull the reintroduction foods since they are not compliant with your food exclusions.
Slow Roll Reintroduction
If you are concerned about reintroducing foods and would prefer a gentler approach, you may be interested in the Slow Roll Reintroduction process. Click here to learn how use the meal planner for a slow roll reintroduction.
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.