Once you've customized your dietary restrictions, you are now ready to customize your weekly schedule and craft your perfect meal plan using our calendar meal planning.
If you are using the website, you will follow the steps below. If you are using the mobile app, please click here.
To customize your Schedule:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select My Meal Plan or Whole30 Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
- Select the toggle for Calendar meal planning, if it is not already selected
- If you would like your meal plans to be automatically generated, set the toggle to On for
- If you prefer to select your own recipes, select Off for this option and the meal plan will be left blank
- If you would like to use macro-driven meal plans, set the toggle to On
- A subscription to our Macro Tracker tool is required in order to access the macro-driven meal plan option.
- Macro Tracker functions, including macro-driven meal plans, are not available with the Whole30 Settings.
- Note: When macro-driven meal plans are toggled on, the options on the Diet and Schedule page will change as a recipe or leftover will be scheduled for every meal during the week
- For more information on how to set up macro-driven meal plans, click here
Set up your basic schedule
- Select how many dinners you will cook each week
- Use the slider to select the number of recipes that will be cooked for dinner during the week
- Check the box next to Do you want enough for leftovers? if you would like the meal plan to use leftovers for some of the meals
- Note: Leftovers will be scheduled during lunches and/or dinners based on the number of dinner recipes selected
- Select the appropriate number for How many extra leftover portions would you like to make?
- This is the number of extra portions of each dinner recipe that you want to make
- Select the appropriate number for Over how many meals do you want to spread these leftovers
- This is how many meals each dinner recipe will be used for a leftover
- Select the types of meals that you want scheduled for lunches and breakfasts
- Select how many lunches and breakfasts will be needed each week
- Click Save if you are done making changes.
A new meal plan will be created for you using these basic scheduling settings. However, sometimes you may decide you want a little more control over your schedule. If so, you can create a customized schedule to fit your needs.
Customize your schedule
If you want to customize the schedule for your meal plan further:
- Click on Customized Scheduling
- Note: Customizing a schedule will override all of the basic scheduling settings explained above
- Select the days you want a meal scheduled
- Toggle the meals you want scheduled to green
- Toggle the meals you don't want scheduled to white
- Customize the schedule using filters
- Visit the Advanced Filters support article for detailed information on how to set up filters to refine your meal planner
- Add notes
- Add any notes that you want repeated on a specific meal each week
- Click Save, which takes you back to the Diet and Schedule page.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Diet and Schedule page to apply your changes.
Confirm your changes
- Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
- Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week's meal plan
- The current week will not change
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.