Customize your meal plan
Customizing your Meal Plan is probably the most important thing you can do to ensure that the meals Real Plans generates for you will meet your needs. Customizing your plan includes setting your dietary preferences, as well as choosing your scheduling options.
If you are using the website, you will follow the steps below. If you are using the mobile app, please click here.
To customize your Meal Plan (all diet types except Whole30*):
- Click on Settings
- Select My Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
*If you are doing a Whole30 and you need a help customizing your meal plan, visit our Setting Up Your Whole30 Meal Plan support page.
Select your diet type
- Select your preferred Diet Type from the dropdown box.
- Click here for explanations of our Diet Types.
Set dietary restrictions
If you have food allergies or choose not to eat certain foods in addition to the preset exclusions you can set up your dietary restrictions:
- Click on Advanced dietary restrictions
- To exclude an entire food group
- Highlight each food group you want to exclude
- Click on the arrow to move those food groups to the Excluded list
- To exclude an individual ingredient:
- Enter the food you wish to avoid in the box under "Find Ingredients to Exclude"
- Click "Find Variants"
- Select the specific ingredients you want to exclude
- Click on the arrow to move those ingredients to the Excluded list
Click here for a detailed explanation of each food group.
Keep in mind that excluding foods does limit the number of recipes available for the Meal Planner.
- Save changes
- Click Save, which takes you back to the Diet and Schedule page.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Diet and Schedule page to apply your changes.
- If you want to also make some changes to your schedule, check out the article How To Customize Your Schedule.
Confirm your changes
- Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This overwrites your entire plan, including the current week
- Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week's meal plan
- The current week will not change
Now you can take a look at your fully customized Meal Planner to see what delicious recipes are in store for you in the coming weeks!